'BRIGHTN' complies with applicable laws relating to the Republic of Korea's personal information protection laws, including the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc. (in short 'Information Communication Network Act') and the to keep the user's personal information safe.
2. Collection of Personal Information
When you apply for an 'account' or use the product, we collect the minimum personal information with programs such as the website or the mobile application.
What information we collect when you apply for an account
We collect the email address, name and password necessarily. Moreover, depending on your option, the profile photo can be collected. In addition, with consent of a legal guardian, we can collect the information on the legal guardian, including the name, gender, date of birth, and mobile phone number.
What information we collect when you use the product
When you use the website or mobile application, information on the device (the operating system, the screen size, the device ID, the device type, and the model name), the IP address, cookies, the date and time of visiting the website, unauthorized use, and product use records can be automatically generated and collected.
In addition, we store, process, and transmit the information on files, documents, photos, texts, comments, and messages used by the user when using the product.
Payment plan information collected
Date of birth, credit card information (credit card number, expiration date, first two digits of password), country, and address can be collected for individuals.
3. Use of Personal Information
The user's personal information is used for the purposes of managing the 'product' account, providing and improving the product, and developing new product.
- We use your personal information to confirm your application for an account and your intention to create an account, process consent by a legal guardian, identify users, and confirm intentions to delete an account.
- We use personal information to protect users and operate products, including restricting the use by users that violate laws and the terms and conditions of the product, preventing and sanctioning against actions including unauthorized use and actions that prevent the provision of products, preventing account theft and unauthorized sale of an account, delivering a notice, including a change in the terms and conditions, saving records to mediate disputes, and dealing with complaints.
- We use personal information to analyze product use records and access frequency, make statistics on product use, provide customized products based on product analysis and statistics, post advertisements, and for other purposes.
- We use personal information to create a secure environment for users to use products in terms of security, privacy, and safety.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
'BRIGHTN' does not provide personal information without prior consent by the user. However, 'BRIGHTN' provides personal information when we are obliged to provide personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
5. Destruction of Personal Information
In principle, the users' personal information is destroyed without delay, once they delete their account. However, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the following information will be transferred to a separate database and destroyed by technical means which prevent reproduction.
- The records on marks or advertisements: six months (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.)
- The records on consumer complaints or the resolution of disputes: three years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, Etc.)
- The records on logins and locations: three months (Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
6. Rights of Users and Legal Guardians and How to Exercise the Rights
Users can check or modify their personal information at any time on the ACCOUNT screen. Users can withdraw their consent on collecting and using personal information at any time via 'delete account' through the product menu, email, and customer service. For a child under 14, the legal guardian has the right to check or modify the child's personal information and the right to withdraw the consent on collecting and using personal information.
7. Person in Charge of Protecting Personal Information
We designate a person to be in charge of protecting users' information and handling relating matters. If you have any complaints, inquiries, and comments relating to personal information arising out of using the product, please contact us via the following contact information. 'BRIGHTN' tries to provide quick and sufficient replies.
Person in charge of protecting personal information: Jeong Jaeheon Division in charge of protecting personal information: Customer Consultation Center Contact information: email@example.com
8. Measures for Personal Information Protection
BRIGHTN makes every effort to ensure the safe management of the users' personal information, and complies with the applicable laws in the Republic of Korea including the Personal Information Protection Act and the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization Information Protection, Etc.
- We transmit personal information via encrypted intervals (SSL method) and encrypt important information to keep it safe.
- We have systemic measures in place to protect personal information from forgery, falsification, unauthorized access, and computer viruses.
- We establish and practice in-house management plans to protect personal information.
- We minimize the persons who access to personal information.
9. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
BRIGHTN complies with the GDPR that went into effect on Jan 25, 2021. The GDPR gives citizens in the EU more control over their personal data. Regarding the personal data we collect, we are committed to the right to protect you as well as be transparent about why and how we store your personal data.
Based on this data privacy regulation, we have made the following changes:
- An updated sign up page.
- The option to unsubscribe from all marketing communications at once in your account settings, under email notifications.
- The option to delete your account in your account settings, under profile.
'BRIGHTN' cherishes your information and will do our best to ensure that you use our product in a more secure manner.
Notice date: April 14, 2021
Enforcement date: April 21, 2021.